Wednesday, September 05, 2012

A Prayer Offered at the Democratic National Convention

This year, I decided to give the two major US political parties equal time by not watching either of their conventions.

But after rock band Jars of Clay shared this video of the benediction from last night's Democratic National Convention over on Facebook, I wanted to share it.

No matter what your politics, this is an awesome prayer and I appreciate how utterly Christian it is. This is the kind of prayer, I believe, all of us would do well to offer.

I loved that Ms. Nardellla offered her prayer "in Jesus' Name," because it's only in Jesus that we have hope or can speak with God.

Jesus says, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me" (John 14:6).

No comments: