For the uninitated, this is sort of like a chain letter in which bloggers are asked to respond to a series of questions.
The meme they sent my way is the by-now-famous, Seven Meme, to which Jan of The View from Her has also responded.
Seven Things I'd Like To Do Before I Die:
- Write a book of practical inspiration
- Write a book of history or biography
- Record a collection of original songs
- Write and host a Cosmos-like presentation of the Gospel
- Travel (especially return to England and Germany and go to France, Ireland, South Africa, Australia, and Japan, as well as to those US states I've not yet visited)
- Orbit the earth in space
- Sleep in the White House
- Play an instrument (even though I do compose songs)
- Change oil in a car
- Paint a wall without dripping paint everywhere
- Watch the ultimate scenes in It's a Wonderful Life, Field of Dreams, or Mr. Holland's Opus without crying
- Find my way anywhere using a map (I need written directions)
- Leave the label visible when I hang up a bath towel
- Understand the appeal of the movie, Titanic
- Her honesty
- Her common sense
- Her disinterest in receiving gifts
- Our shared philosophies of life
- Her integrity
- Her commitment to Christ
- Her impatience with phoniness
- "Am I calling at a bad time?"
- "I love you" (to my wife and kids and some of my friends)
- "Let's just give it a rip and see what happens"
- "I may have to blog about that"
- "Does that make sense?" (said to make sure I'm not just jawing incomprehensibly)
- "I've got a lot I want to get done today"
- "How are you doing today?"
- Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
- Prayer by Ole Hallesby
- The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis (especially volume 7, The Last Battle)
- Patriarch by Richard Norton Smith
- Lincoln by David Herbert Donald
- The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis
- Franklin and Winston by Jon Meacham
Nine Movies I Watch Over and Over Again:
- It's a Wonderful Life
- Field of Dreams
- Bishop's Wife
- The Sword in the Stone
- Citizen Kane
- The Philadelphia Story
- Napoleon Dynamite
I won't list anybody here. But if any of the regular readers of this blog who are bloggers themselves want to participate, I would be interested in how you respond to these seven questions.