Saturday, May 13, 2006

Church Leaders Who Talk More Than We Act

Guilty as charged and inspired by the same notion:
So often, Christian leaders just wear people out. We talk. We announce. We talk more. Sure, there is a time to talk. There is a time to announce. But--what is most important as a Christian leader or a Christ follower is to be a guy (or woman) who is living an authentic life before God. That is powerful. More importantly, that is real.

I want to be there--but I'm not yet. I want to follow Jesus--but some days I don't do this very well. Yet, I think to say this is not a liability. Imperfection does not mean that one's walk with Jesus is not authentic. In fact, it may communicate authenticity.

...There is something powerful about being God's person in the setting where you find yourself. I really believe that we could lose our church buildings, our programs, our organization, our offices, etc. and still be an authentic community of faith...
Read the whole thing. Thanks to John Schroeder and Milton Stanley to for leading me to this wonderful article!

By the way, there's a message in this not just for Christian leaders, but for all Christians.

No comments: