Thursday, May 18, 2006

What's in a Girl's Name?

It won't be long before some immaculately-coifed and allegedly Christian preacher tells us that because the newly-popular name Nevaeh is heaven spelled backward, parents who use it for their daughters are inviting demons to possess their children. "They're invoking hell," they'll say, their voices dripping with conviction and pleas for contributions that can be made at the 800-number on your screen or by logging onto www.ilovetoripyouoff.com.

Mark my word, somebody is going to say that and even more improbably, some will believe them.

I must confess though, that I get nostalgic for old-fashioned names like Moon Unit and Anfernee.

1 comment:

Icepick said...

I must confess though, that I get nostalgic for old-fashioned names like Moon Unit and Anfernee.

And don't forget Dweezil. You musn't forget Dweezil.