Tuesday, October 21, 2003

The daily OnLine with Faith e-mailed inspiration from Pastor Glen VanderKloot had this offering today. I think that you'll enjoy it. (If you'd like to subscribe to OnLine with Faith, e-mail Glen at pastor@faithlutheran.com.

*****************************************************

A Thought for the Day

MY LORD GOD, I have no idea where I am going. I do not see the road
ahead of me. I cannot know for certain where it will end. Nor do I
really know myself, and the fact that I think that I am following your
will does not mean that I am actually doing so. But I believe that the
desire to please you does in fact please you. And I hope I have that
desire in all that I am doing. I hope that I will never do anything apart
from that desire. And I know that if I do this you will lead me by the
right road though I may know nothing about it. Therefore will I trust you
always though I may seem to be lost and in the shadow of death. I will
not fear, for you are ever with me, and you will never leave me to face
my perils alone.

Thomas Merton, "Thoughts in Solitude"

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +

Bible Verse
Matthew 26:42

Again Jesus went to pray and said...I will still do what you want.

Prayer
Lord, help me to follow wherever you lead me. Amen.
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +

No comments: