Thursday, December 18, 2003

This comes from today's daily e-mailed inspiration by my colleague, Pastor Glen VanderKloot. If you'd like to subscribe to this uplifting daily e-mail, contact Glen at pastor@faithlutheran.com.

****************************************************
A Thought for the Day

A television interviewer was walking the streets of Tokyo at
Christmas time. Much as in America, Christmas shopping is a big
commercial success in Japan. The interviewer stopped one young
woman on the sidewalk, and asked, "What is the meaning of Christmas?"

Laughing, she responded, "I donĂ¢€™t know. Is that the day that Jesus died?"
There was some truth in her answer.

SOURCE: Donald Deffner, Seasonal Illustrations

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
Bible Verse
Luke 4:43

But Jesus said, "People in other towns must hear the
good news about God's kingdom. That's why I was sent."

Contemporary English Version

Prayer

Lord, help me to make sure that the Christ child is the center of my Christmas
celebrations. Lead me to share with others the good news of Christmas.
Amen.
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +

No comments: