Friday, June 11, 2004

On Following Jesus...

I was moved today when I read these words from Craig S. Williams and his blog:

We have a culture of admirers of Jesus. Many of us have been admirers for a long time. But when Jesus beckons us to follow, we leave the safety of admiration behind and we go to where Jesus is. As I mentioned earlier (see The Beckoning God blog) God is calling us out into deeper waters where he is, away from safety's edge. Where Jesus is going in the Gospels is a cross. He bids us to come and die - die to our selfish wants and needs and life. Once done, he gives us new life - his life. We take him on. As John the Baptist said, "He must increase and I must decrease."


Great words! More often than I care to admit, I get caught up in myself, in looking good to others, and all the rest. Following Jesus isn't always easy; but it is the way of life. Thanks for the reminder, Craig Williams!

No comments: