Friday, December 10, 2004

Bedford Falls is On My Mantel

My wife and daughter know that I love It's a Wonderful Life, regarding it as not only the best Christmas movie ever made, but the best movie, period. (My son agrees, as does my future son-in-law.)

So, you can imagine how excited I was last week when, after a trip to the local Walgreens, the two women in my life returned with four illuminated ceramic pieces depicting various Bedford Falls landmarks. (Bedford Falls is the fictional setting of the movie.)

As I already had one of the pieces, my collection now includes: Bailey Building and Loan, Bedford Falls High School (pool not included), Bedford Falls Train Station (Can you name the three best sounds in the world?), The Church of Bedford Falls, and Bedford Falls Trust and Savings Bank.

They're now on my mantel and look great!

The pieces are sold exclusively at Walgreens and are made by collectible manufacturers, Enesco.

If you or a family member or friend are into It's a Wonderful Life, these pieces are wonderful to have!

By the way, Walgreens is one of the companies profiled in Jim Collins' book, Good to Great.

No comments: