Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Make Plans...Be Prepared to Have Them Changed

Father Myke, the New York Fire Department chaplain killed in the September 11 attacks, was fond of telling people, "If you want to make God laugh, tell Him what you're going to do tomorrow."

Jesus' earthly brother James said something similar.

This time last evening, I was preparing to be part of my brother's comedy Christmas show at a restaurant in the Columbus area. I was to present the Christmas story.

But, we're in the midst of a winter storm that makes roads slow and treacherous. So, here I am, prepping for Christmas Eve worship and the service for the Sunday after Christmas. If God wants it to happen, I'll be there for the second show tomorrow night.

1 comment:

Phyllis said...

Hi Mark, I learned a very long time ago to always have a plan "B". That way I'll hardly be disappointed. I even have a plan "C".
God bless you too, and have a very Merry Christmas!!