Saturday, December 03, 2005

Hoping to Post Tomorrow

Today proved to be far too busy a day for me to post anything more than the little blurb you're reading now on the blog.

This afternoon brought our first-ever Saturday worship at the congregation I serve as pastor, Friendship Lutheran Church. We're calling it GoDeep. In some ways, I suppose, it's a stripped-down worship celebration: one congregational song, some prayers, Bible readings, and a message. But we're also building in a time when people can bring up questions or comments that flow from the theme for the day. Our turnout was sparse. But there were several visitors and all seemed to have a good experience.

After worship, my wife and I went to a local TexMex restaurant to which we'd never gone before, along with a couple from our congregation. It was awesome!

When we got home, we watched Bruce Almighty, which I hadn't seen previously. It raises some really interesting questions...and answers.

Then, in preparation for the December 9 release of The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, my son and I finished reading the book together again. (Something we've done several times.) My son said of C.S. Lewis, the book's author, with a wink and a smile, "I guess he's an okay writer." He's at least that!

I hope to post on the blog tomorrow. We'll see.

No comments: