Sunday, April 16, 2006

Not a Crisis of Faith...

but a crisis of purpose. At least that's what this post from Readeriam seems to describe.

I think many Christians (and others) share the sentiments with which she's wrestling. Believers especially yearn for some clear understanding of their purpose in life. We want to know what God wants us to do. I've reflected on this and I've come to believe that our purpose is as exhilaratingly and frustratingly simple as I describe it here.

None of this is to say that I don't go through periods like those described by Readeriam. I do. But I finally take solace and inspiration from sensing that God's will is a kind of magna carta of the spirit. In fact, I've always liked the way Christian contemporary music pioneer Randy Stonehill described life with Christ and with the Holy Spirit pulsating in us: a wild frontier.

2 comments:

reader_iam said...

Thanks, Mark, and not for the link (well, that, too; but you know what I mean).

Mark Daniels said...

You're welcome.

Mark