Thursday, September 13, 2007

"Christians Aren't Part of the Perpetually Offended"

That's the title of a terrific post by David Wayne, the Jollyblogger.

Refusing to be offended is part of our call as Christians, a call which, I for one, too often fail to heed. I'm often so busy being religious that I fail to be Christian. We need to take our cue (and our orders) from our Lord:
[Jesus said:] “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be children of your Father in heaven; for he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the righteous and on the unrighteous." (Matthew 5:43-45)
See David Wayne's fantastic post and the pieces to which he links.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think the main point is that we will be rejected by the world. That is a characteristic of following Jesus. What a "celebrity" says is probably not anything but to gain notoriety for themselves anyway, no matter what they say so I never pay any attention to them.