Saturday, October 06, 2007

Congratulations, Rachael and Nate

Andy Jackson presides at his daughter's wedding today. Congratulations to bride and groom...and to both of their families.

I was able to preside at my daughter's wedding on June 18, 2005. I was able to do it without blubbering like a baby, a clear answer to prayer. (I'm not kidding.)

By the way, I've always loved the 1989-90 concert tour arrangement of Paul McCartney's We Got Married. No, I'm not advocating the premarital sex to which he briefly alludes in its lyrics. And I think that the implication left by the song that our marriages will work if we only work at them is only half of the truth. From my experience, no matter how much we love one another, we must work at our marriages. But we need something else. See the link, to see what else my experience has shown me that we need to make marriages work.

No comments: