Thursday, August 21, 2008

Please Pray for Andrew Jackson's Mother and Family

Pastor, author, and blogging colleague Andrew Jackson and his family are experiencing a painfully difficult time. His mother, Ailene, recently underwent major surgery. Complications developed and while she briefly rallied, the prognosis now is not good.

In an email sent to members of the Christian Bloggers Network, Andy has reported:
I am in Seattle now staying at Virginia-Mason hospital with my mother fighting the last great enemy, death. I stand firm in the God of life and resurrection, and in his sovereign will. I read the Psalms over her.

As a pastor for several decades I have "visited" the dying many times, but "living" among the dying and their famlies in the ICU provides another perspective, and a new set of reflections and questions...

This morning (Thursday), however, we were informed that she has developed an infection which is causing some setbacks. Her heart seems to be working well, but the infection is creating serious concern. They are attempting to locate the infection and they are attempting to fight it with antibiotics. The fight for life goes on.

Thank you so much for your care and kind support. I will be staying with my mother - the angel of my life - and I will provide updates when it is appropriate.

Please pray now.

In God's peace.

Andy (Barbara and family)
Please pray for Ailene, Andy, and their entire family, asking God to give His healing, strength, and encouragement, whatever that may entail in God's good will.

No comments: