Tuesday, September 09, 2008

'The Shack'

I'm reading The Shack, the best-selling novel by William P. Young. I've gotten about one-third of the way through. There have been times in these opening pages when Young's writing has been tediously descriptive.

But I've just finished the fifth chapter, the last pages of which found me chilling, something I initially thought was only my imagination, until I looked to see the hairs on my arms standing on end. (Those of you who have read it already likely know exactly where I mean.)

I was going to go to bed soon, but now I need to learn more about what happens to Mack Phillips, Young's protagonist, in the shack.

My recommendation so far? Read this book.

3 comments:

Ivy said...

My husband and I read it together last year and were unable to put it down. We felt like we got a better understanding of God's heart through this parabolic story. Peace.

Mark Daniels said...

Ivy:
I think you and your husband are absolutely right.

God bless!

Mark

Ivy said...

I know some people split hairs about the theology, but it gave us a whole new understanding of where God is and how God feels about the suffering of God's children. Glad you're enjoying it too. Peace.