Friday, June 05, 2009

Update #2 on My Dad

This really isn't "all Dad all the time" here. But I wanted to let you know how Dad is doing now.

Today, I went to visit with him again. (Our daughter once more accompanied me.) When we first arrived, he was sitting in his favorite chair, the TV showing the Indians getting trounced by the Twins. (Dad only watches the Indians if the Reds are not playing or can't be seen on TV.) But Dad was asleep and I decided to let that go so that I could visit with my Mom in the other room instead.

After a half hour or so, we heard him rustling and went in for a visit with him. He was showered and shaved and in fine spirits. When he heard one of my sisters in his living room, he called out jokingly, "Who's that stranger in our living room?" He was glad to see her as she came into the room.

We had a long visit. When I announced it was time for us to shove off, Dad stood. "You don't have to do that, Dad," I told him. "I know," he said, "but I think I'm going to fix myself a pot of coffee." That was good news!

Thank you for your prayers. Dad has separate appointments with his surgeon and his GP next week. The surgeon will be removing his "clamps" and the assistant promised the procedure will hurt. But the man who never flinches when taking a shot says that he doesn't think so. Funny, he given his track record, I'm betting on Dad.

Please continue to pray and thank you very much.

No comments: