Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Faith Tidbit #37

A third function of the Ten Commandments, God's law, is as a guide for God's people. The Commandments continue to function as a mirror for those who seek to live lives expressing gratitude for the free gifts of forgiveness and eternal life that come to those with faith in Jesus Christ. Martin Luther said that the Christian is to live in "daily repentance and renewal." God will use the Ten Commandment to show the Christian her or his "growth edges." God will use the Ten Commandments to help the Christian to avoid allowing sinful habits to gain a foothold and to lure the believer away from God. God will use the Ten Commandments to deepen our relationship with Him when we pray something like David prayed: "Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my thoughts. See if there is any wicked way in me and lead me in the way everlasting" (Psalm 139:23-24)

No comments: