Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The Best Reunion: I Pray It for You

From 2 Timothy 4:6-8, in the New Testament, words from the first century preacher and teacher Paul to a young pastor:
As for me, I am already being poured out as a libation [a drink offering], and the time of my departure [death] has come. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. From now on there is reserved for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, will give me on that day, and not only to me but also to all who have longed for his appearing.
I sometimes let the rush of everyday events and even the love I share with my wife, my family, and my friends, get in the way of the fact that nothing is as important as my relationship with Jesus Christ...and that no reunion is more to be anticipated than the one that will come when, by God's grace through my faith in Christ, I get to see Jesus face to face in eternity.

I pray that timeless, eternal moment for you!

More thoughts here.

No comments: