Tuesday, December 13, 2011

A Few Christmas Thoughts

When I was a young man, I hated Christmas. I really did.

But after I fell in love with Jesus, all that changed.

I love Christmas and the opportunity it presents for us all to once again praise and thank God for the new life He gives to all who turn from sin and believe in the Savior born on Christmas, crucified on Good Friday, raised from the dead on Easter Sunday, and ascended to heaven where He now is an advocate for all believers in Him.

Each Christmas, when we celebrate the coming of Jesus into world on a "silent night," I remember that one day, He is returning, the dead in Jesus will rise, and all who have welcomed Jesus into their lives will see Him face to face and we will be with Him for all eternity.

Today, an older man, I love Christmas and am so excited to celebrate the day with my fellow believers on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day!

I love Christmas not because of any "feelings" I have about it.

I love Christmas because of what God did on that day and in on all the succeeding "days" after He came to the earth and because of what He has promised us, promises sealed by His shed blood and His resurrection triumph over death.

We don't need to feel Christmas, just trust Christ, "the way, and the truth, and the life," the One of Whom the Bible says, "There is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among mortals by which we must be saved" (John 14:6, Acts 4:12).

God bless you as you continue to keep Advent and, on Christmas Eve, when we remember the best Christmas gift of all!

No comments: