Thursday, January 24, 2013

Steal My Show!



As Rick Warren puts it in one of the most subversive published sentences in recent history, "It's not about you."

It's not about me.

I didn't make this universe.

I'm not a self-made man.

It's not about me.

It's about the God we know in Jesus Christ. He's the only One worth giving glory or celebration.

He's done it all for us:
  • He made us. 
  • Then, when we fell prey to sin and death, He became one of us, died for us, and rose for us. 
  • Today, He gives new and everlasting life to all who repent and believe in Him.
John the Baptist said of Jesus, "He must decrease, but I must decrease" (John 3:30). If we're ever to experience what it means to be human beings made in the image of God, if we're ever to have any hope of knowing what it means to have a life-giving connection with God, John's attitude must be our own.

Jesus teaches us to pray, "Your will be done." Learning to live that out, but it also introduces us to the only way to live. When we live by the world's code of, "My will be done," destruction and death and discord are the inevitable results.

So, whatever we may have in mind, may we learn to step aside and let the God we know in Jesus bring about His will in our lives and in the life of the world.

Lord, steal our shows!

No comments: