Wednesday, May 21, 2014

More on Heaven and Earth...This from C.S Lewis

"It is since Christians have largely ceased to think of the [heavenly, eternal] world that they have become so ineffective in this. Aim at Heaven and you will get earth 'thrown in': aim at earth and you will get neither...

"If you read history you will find that the Christians who did the most for the present world were just those who thought most of the next...

[With obvious reference to Hebrews 11 and to 1 Peter, among other passages of Scripture:] "[As a Christian,] I must keep alive in myself the desire for my true country, which I shall not find till after death; I must never let it get snowed under or turned aside; I must make it the main object of life to press onto that other country and help others do the same."

[C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity]

No comments: