Saturday, March 28, 2015

Would We Listen? (Will I Listen?)

Earlier today, I was thinking, "Wouldn't it be nice if God or someone He sends would, from time to time, pull us aside and tell us, 'These are among the best times of your whole life?'"

Would we listen?

Although I do remember well that, one special evening, I had the clear awareness that, at that moment, I was experiencing the best single night of my life, at least up to this point in my life, it's often been true that I've only realized the truth about the good eras after they've passed. I'm not nearly as thankful as I often think I am.

On the other hand, I believe that God is communicating with us all the time. But we get so busy and full of our own agendas that we usually don't take the time needed to "listen" with our hearts for His confirmations of this.

Maybe that's why God's Word tells us, "Be still and know that I am God" (Psalm 46:10)

Check out this book.

God, help me to hear Your whispers and discern the whispers that come from You by being steeped in Your Word in the Bible. In Jesus' Name I pray.

No comments: