Wednesday, August 26, 2015

A Verse to Remember

For my 5 by 5 by 5 devotion time (and yes, I am way behind schedule) this morning, I read Colossians, chapter 2. I was so struck my Colossians 2:6-7 that I decided to commit to memorizing it. Now, I pray God will help me to live it.
As you therefore have received Christ Jesus the Lord, continue to live your lives in Him, rooted and built up in Him, established in the faith, just as you were taught, abounding in thanksgiving.
Now I need to check if I got it right. This is from the New Revised Standard Version (NRSV) translation. 

I mentioned this passage today on Facebook and explained my motivation for memorizing Scripture: "...I've decided that if my memory ever goes, I want some of God's Word to be lodged in [what's left]..."

No comments: