Thursday, January 04, 2024

Gun Violence in America

France24 has details on today's school shooting in Iowa.

I pray in Jesus’ name that God will give us both the wisdom and the courage to act on the wisdom He gives to end the tragic nonsense of gun violence in our country.

No other advanced Western-style democracy deals with gun violence to the extent that we do in America.

Is there more mental illness in America than in other countries? The data I’ve seen suggests that’s not the case. What the definitive answers might be, I don’t claim to know.

Many of the answers will be rendered in the country's political life and, as a pastor, I stay out of politics.

But, as a Christian who cherishes all human life, just as I pray babies will be kept safe in their mother’s wombs, I pray too that those babies, grown older, will also be kept safe in classrooms.

No comments: