Sunday, August 21, 2005

I Never Saw This Before...

My wife and I just returned from her thirty-fifth high school class reunion. I always enjoy these get-togethers because we graduated from the same school, with me following her by a year. Consequently, I know and am friends with some of her classmates.

We had a great time!

Of course, we've all changed a lot. But the changes in one person's life really surprised us!

After a mixer at the beginning of the evening, we moved toward the banquet hall. An Amish guy greeted us by name. Ours was a city high school and definitely had no Amish population. It was a member of the class of '70, though. After thirty years as a Math or Science teacher, he told us, he retired, moved to Logan County, about forty miles northwest of Columbus, our hometown, and became Amish!

I didn't know a person could become Amish! Is there an Amish Catechism?

Has anyone ever heard of this before?

No comments: