Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Outrage!

A FEMA spokesperson questions the "commitment to country" of misused firefighters who have volunteered to help with hurricane clean-up. I've been appalled by the lack of planning and incompetence at the local level in New Orleans. But what on earth is up with FEMA? You don't cast aspersions on the patriotism of heroes! (Keith Olberman chose the woman who made this comment this evening as "the worst person in the world." I don't really like it when Olberman makes this designation, but the spokeswoman's statement was outrageous! More significantly, you don't treat volunteers or fail to use their expertise in this manner!)

1 comment:

Deborah White said...

The whole debacle is one big mess, top to bottom. It astounds me that these bureaucrats have all apparently forgotten that human lives depend on them....that they are doing more than just another job.

After watching the Oprah program the last two days, where she physically went to all these places....I have had to tune out for a little while, to calm down. (I'm reading a Brian McLaren book my high schooler admires.) The sadness of it all is almost too much to grasp.