Sunday, July 16, 2006

Big Pharaoh's Thoughts on Latest Appearance of Hezbollah Leader


In a post called The New Nasrallah, he writes:
Nasrallah's voice tone was the first thing I noticed when he appeared on TV today. I didn't pay much attention to what he was saying, I was only attracted to his tone of voice and his composure. I was seeing a new Nasrallah. The Hizbollah leader was speaking in an unusually soft voice that was mixed with exhaustion and bewilderment. Yes he was issuing threats and promising more surprises, but the Nasrallah I saw today was very different from the one I know. Gone was the powerful voice, the machismo, and the wide eyes. Today's Nasrallah was confused, soft, and vulnerable.

I believe the new Nasrallah is not just the result of the Israeli bombardment, but of the fact that he finally realized he dragged Lebanon to a terrible war and many Lebanese, as well as almost all Arab governments, won't forgive him for that.

I know Hassan Nasrallah, and he wasn't the same man I saw today.
One can only hope that Nasrallah, all Islamofascists, and most importantly, their potential adherents are coming to realize that they are on the wrong side of history.

The Big Pharaoh is one of several blogs I read in order to get a feel for varied opinion in the Middle East. Another one I visit daily is Rambling Hal.

No comments: