Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Confession of Sin is Agreement with God

This is what my colleague, Pastor Glen VanderKloot presented in his daily emailed inspiration this morning:

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + +

Thought for the Day

Real confession means to say the same thing about sin that
God says. Real confession involves humbling ourselves and
agreeing with him about the very nature of our sinfulness. To live
under the blessing of heaven is to always be running toward God
with our guilt and not away from him

Jim Cymbala
The Church God Blesses, p. 94-95

Scripture
Psalm 32:5 TNIV

Then I acknowledged my sin to you and did not cover up my iniquity.
I said, "I will confess my transgressions to the LORD."
And you forgave the guilt of my sin.

Prayer
Lord, lead me to real honest confession of all my sin.
Amen

*************************************************
The bottom line, of course, is that when we disagree with God about sin, guess whose opinion needs to change?

No comments: