Saturday, March 31, 2012

This Always Blows Me Away

This always blows me away: "...while we were still weak, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly." (Romans 5:6)

Christ died for me, in spite of the ungodly, sinful nature with which I was born and in spite of the sins I've committed.

And then, miraculously, in spite of my unworthiness, the Holy Spirit makes it possible for a sinner who is, by nature, cynical and self-serving, to trust that God loves me and wants a relationship with me. No writer of fiction could create something so wonderful, so countercultural, so amazing!
 
"Amazing grace, how sweet the sound," the sound of the Word about forgiveness and new life for all who turn from sin and believe in Christ. That word has saved "a wretch like me."

God is incredible! He always blows me away!

No comments: