Friday, November 28, 2014

When Love Comes to Town By U2 and B.B. King

"When love comes to town I'm gonna jump that train
"When love comes to town I'm gonna catch that flame.
"Maybe I was wrong to ever let you down
"But I did what I did before love came to town."

Before love comes to our town, before love becomes real to us, before it singes us with its power and starts the painful work of transforming us gut deep, we're prone to thoughtless betrayal of those who love us and who, we realize too late, we both love and were always called to love.

Yet love, true love, the love that has only one source, can conquer any divide. It can make war on our selfish impulses. "God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:8).

"I was there when they crucified my Lord
"I held the scabbard when the soldier drew his sword.
"I threw the dice when they pierced his side
"But I've seen love conquer the great divide."

First though, we must surrender to it. "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved..." (Acts 16:31)

And we need to keep surrendering to it "...because of the prevalent disregard of God's law the love of the great majority will grow cold; but those who stand firm to the End shall be saved." (Matthew 16:12-13)




[See here.]


No comments: