Friday, January 15, 2016

I love New York

I don't care about the politics of this exchange...I don't get into endorsing or bashing candidates. But I dislike the dismissal of New York City and its people, implying that anyone who lives in New York isn't patriotic.

New York is the cultural and financial capital of the United States. It's the place where, under George Washington, while he was president and New York served as the nation's political capital, Alexander Hamilton created this country's economic and financial system, the most enduring and strong engine for prosperity in the history of the world. On its streets, the world's greatest sport, baseball, was invented and refined. Baseball is about as American as it gets!

And, it was the patriotism, resilience, and courage of New Yorkers that inspired the rest of America after September 11, 2001.

I'm a lifelong Ohioan. I love New York.




No comments: