Saturday, February 19, 2005

A Round-Up of Interesting Recent Posts on Other Blogs

Mark Roberts is writing an excellent series of blog articles immediately inspired on the newly-released The New International Version (TNIV) of the Bible. But it's really expanded to being a set of essays on Biblical translation and why we have so many of them. (Like me, Mark likes this.)

Tod Bolsinger is presenting an excellent series of articles on the spiritual disciplines of the Lenten season.

Columnist and blogger Rob Asghar, as mentioned in my latest article on goal-setting, has done a nice bit of writing on "the vision thing." See here, here, here, and here.

Ann Althouse is an interesting blogger. I just enjoy reading what she writes, even when I disagree with her. I appreciate her honesty.

When Instapundit, Glenn Reynolds, mentioned that Oakland mayor, former California governor, and several-time presidential candidate Jerry Brown had started a blog, I had to check it out. Like him or not, I've always found Brown to be forthright and endlessly interesting. He's never been shy about departing from the hallowed conventions of politics, even those of his own Democratic Party. From the first post, Brown fired off a salvo and I've bookmarked his site.

A post by Jim Jewell on Stones Cry Out about his sense of embarrassment over Jerry Fallwell's televised attack on Jim Wallis began an interesting conversation on Christians and liberalism. I took part in the discussion and think that more dialogues like it need to happen. Let me simply editorialize by saying that Jesus isn't a Republican or a Democrat.

Tom Parsons of Daddypundit wrote this past week about his love affair with baseball. What a wise man!

No comments: