Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Luncthime Thank-Yous

While eating my lunch--oatmeal, banana, baloney, I thought I'd link to some of the bloggers who've linked to this blog as a way of saying, "Thank you" and returning the love. I'm sure not to include everyone, for which I apologize in advance. (I'll link to all I know have this blog on their blogrolls in another post.)

Best of the Godblogs has linked to pieces here on several occasions.
John Schroeder at Blogotional has been very generous in his linking.
So has Rick Moore at Holy Coast.
Thanks to Tamar at Tamarika for several links.
And Annie at Ambivablog.
Thanks to Glenn Reynolds at Instapundit for several insta-lanches.
Charlie Lehardy always writes thoughtful pieces at AnotherThink and I'm honored by his links to this blog.
Thanks also to Hugh Hewitt for linking to several different posts.
Mark Roberts has been generous in his links and comments about them.
Tod Bolsinger of It Takes a Church has been more than gracious.
Craig Williams at Tabletalk...wonderful stuff!
I thank my friend, Richard Lawrence Cohen.
Thanks also go to the new radio host, Lores Rizkalla for links on her site, Just a Woman.
I had the honor of being the first commenter on Reader's blog, Either End of the Curve.
Jan at The View from Her has linked to this blog on several occasions.
Alex Jordan, the blogger with whom I interacted the most at last year's GodBlogCon, writes thoughtful pieces at Jordan's View and has been most encouraging to me.
Deborah White, committed Christian, liberal Dem, pro-life activist, and blogger extraordinaire has linked to my writings at several places, including here.
Then there's Pooh at The World According to Pooh. Thanks!
Timothy Thompson at Tim Thompson...Reflections has linked to this blog several times.
Thanks for the link at MC-Tech Solutions.
Joe Clifford Faust liked some of the things I had to say about Pat Robertson's social commentary recently.
Blogpulse Newswire gave mention of my short piece on Sir Tom Jones.
Thanks to Life in the Slow Lane for the links.
Someone is Watching linked to a piece I wrote about Matthew's account of Jesus' birth.
David Wayne of Jollyblogger linked to my article on the "canceling worship on Christmas" controversy and some other stuff.
Matthew Brown at Good Brownie (one of the cleverest blog names around) has also linked several times to Better Living.
Bruce Armstrong at Ordinary Everday Christian.
Thanks to a really bright young man, Spencer Troxell of Spencer Troxell Gets His Blog On.
Louie Marsh at The Marshian Chronicles.
Michael Meckler, author of my favorite blog on Ohio politics (and other stuff), at Red-State.com.
Andrew Jackson at SmartChristian.com has linked here several times.
Ali at AliBlog is a wonderful writer and I'm honored that she has linked here several times.
Thanks to O Theophilus.com.
LaShawn Barber has also linked to Better Living.
Dave at Capital Region People linked to one of my pieces on the Paris Riots.
Chuck at The Chutry Experiment didn't agree with my assessment of 'The West Wing' debate.
Aaron Pina of A Ready Defense has also linked.
Nathaniel King of sophystication kindly linke to a piece I wrote about Narnia.
Mere-Orthodoxy did as well. Thanks!
Liz (ME) Strauss of Letting Me Be...Random Wondering and Philosophy has been a BL linker.
Bowden McElroy at Counseling Notes.
Dogmas of the Quiet Past linked to something I wrote about Christian faith and politics.
Attention Span linked to one of my posts on James Dobson.
Thanks to The Lazy Eye.
Thanks also to Mike's Noise. His site is a great place to go for music history, especially jazz!
All Things Beautiful, a site which I frankly don't always "get," has linked here.
Thanks to Tom Parsons, aka: Daddypundit.
The "blog between church and state," Fishkite, has been a BL linker.
Curt Hendley at The Happy Husband liked my piece on lessons I've learned from thirty-one years of marriage.
Iowa Voice cited other comments I made here about Pat Robertson.
PSoTD linked to my thirty-first wedding anniversary, too.
Sofa Sayings kindly linked to my piece on 'The Pictures in Our Minds.'
So did Rob Asghar at Dime Store Pundit. (And a lot of other times, for which I'm grateful.)
So did Don at It's What I Do.
Transterrestrial Musings liked the lessons I've learned about marriage.
Lunar World has been a linker. Thanks!
Thanks to Peter Bradley at Lex Communis.
And to the South Dakota-based Ridgecrest Blog.
Thanks to Stones Cry Out.
Ann Althouse at Althouse.
Joe Gandelman at The Moderate Voice has linked to this blog several times.

And of course (drumroll), there's my kid brother, the very funny comedian, Marty Daniels. This is his blog and this is his web site. (Go to his web site and find out how you can book Marty for a show at your corporate banquet, community festival, restaurant, or whatever. Marty really is smart, clean, and funny! I am prejudiced, but he is talented!

Thanks to all of you! Keep on blogging!

11 comments:

chutry said...

Thanks for the link. While I may have disagreed with your assessment of the West Wing debate episode, it was certainly interesting television, and I very much enjoyed reading your comments on it.

Chuck

http://chutry.wordherders.net

Pilgrim said...

Thank you for the link. We are actually geographically in a position to see your brother some time. I'll have to keep my eyes peeled. We could use a little laughter here, especially in February!

"ME" Liz Strauss said...

Mark,
I truly enjoyed reading this post. It was uplifting to hear so much gratitude and friendship in one happy dose going out to your blogging friends. I actually read it twice. It was a perfect February post.

Thank you, friend.

reader_iam said...

This was so sweet. I saw it yesterday and started to comment, but got distracted.

Thanks, very, very much, and not just for this.

Warm regards,

RIA

Mark Daniels said...

It's so good to hear from all of you. Thanks for taking the time to write. Blogging can be a very community-building enterprise, enabling us to dialog with people we might not otherwise meet and to learn from each other for it. God bless each of you.

Mark

Anonymous said...

May the keyboard be with you!

Rick Moore said...

You're quite welcome. I only link to good stuff, and you usually have some pretty good stuff. Keep it up!

Matt Brown said...

Mark: I didn't think my site was all that cleverly named, just a play on my surname, but thanks for the compliment! And now for something completely unrelated - you need to pick up James Swanson's "Manhunt: the 12-day chase for Lincoln's killer" - it's a great read!

Mark Daniels said...

Dave, Rick, and Matt:
Thanks a bunch for dropping by and leaving your comments.

Dave, your benediction is...er...interesting. Thanks!

Rick, thanks for the compliment. I must say that if there is anything of value on this blog, it's a result of prayer. (The other stuff is my fault.) I pray about the content of the blog as much as I do about my preaching and teaching and columns. With a current average of about 230+ hits per day, I communicate with more people here than I do in my weekly preaching and teaching, although not as many as with my newspaper columns. So, I take this venture with serious consideration...even while trying to have fun with it.

Matt:
I've seen that book several places, including the book shop at the Lincoln homestead historical site in Springfield. I'll keep your recommendation in mind.

God bless each of you. (And Dave, may the keyboard be with you, too!)

Mark

PS: The verification code was pegfgrr. What exactly is a growling Pegfogger?

Timothy Thompson said...

Mark,

I don't check Technorati that much but I just noticed your thanks (almost a month late) and I wanted to let you know that I appreciate the mention.

Though of late I have not been able to keep up with all the posts of the people I normally read, I do value the things you write and wisdom you impart.

Keep it up and may God continue to richly bless you and use you.

Mark Daniels said...

Tim:
Thank you for your gracious note...and for all your past encouragement.

God bless you!

Mark