Thursday, May 05, 2005

Kaleidoscope Superior

The other day, I pulled out a fistful of CDs from a stack to which I hadn't listened for awhile and took them to my car. The first one I slipped into the player was Kaleidoscope Superior by Earthsuit.

I had forgotten how much I enjoyed this 2000 release. Imagine a band that combines techno, hard rock, reggae, soul, jazz, rap, and what we used to call "head music," and you begin to get a feel for the sound of this interesting band. One second they remind you of Pink Floyd, and the next Earth, Wind, and Fire, and the next Rage Against the Machine.

Of course, my vehicular jamming got me to wondering whatever happened to Earthsuit. I'd not heard anything about them since their debut. The band's web site no longer exists, an ominous sign. But this piece indicates that they did release a recording in 2003. (Here's what VH1.com has about them.)

I hope that they're still around.

But if you can find a copy of Kaleidoscope Superior, snap it up!

1 comment:

Mark Daniels said...

Caleb:
Thanks for letting me know. I'll have to check them out.

Mark