Monday, July 28, 2003

CORRECTION: In one of my recent 'Reflections on Proverbs,' I talked about actress-model Rene Russo's search for God. I inaccurately cited the March, 2003 issue of Reader's Digest as the source of her story. Actually, it appears in The Power Behind Positive Thinking: Unlocking Your Spiritual Potential by Eric Fellman, which I had been reviewing in anticipation of my message for Sunday, July 27.

Here's another great inspirational thought from my colleague, Pastor Glen VanderKloot from Faith Lutheran Church of Springfield, Illinois. If you'd like to receive his excellent daily e-mailed inspirations, OnLine with Faith, contact Glen at pastor@faithlutheran.com...

*****************************************************

A Thought for the Day

All earthly cities are vulnerable.
Men build them and men destroy them.
At the same time there is the City of God
which men did not build and cannot destroy
and is everlasting.

Augustine, 410 AD

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +

Bible Verse
Matthew 10:28

Don't be afraid of people. They can kill you,
but they cannot harm your soul. Instead,
you should fear God who can destroy both
your body and your soul in hell.

Contemporary English Version

Prayer
Lord, help me to value the City of God over
temporary cities of our world. Amen
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +

No comments: