Sunday, October 24, 2004

A Few of My Favorite Blogs and Other Sites

Our son is fixing steaks on the grill for a last-hurrah cookout for the fall. So, while I'm waiting, I thought that I'd list a few of my favorite web logs and other web sites. I like to go where I'm informed, inspire, or both. Check the following sites out. I think you'll like them too...

Tabletalk is a thoughtful, thought-provoking site by Craig Williams.

It Takes a Church is a wonderful new blog from Tod Bolsinger.

Sidesspot, from Mark Sides, gives thoughtful commentary on faith and life from a conservative political angle.

Heart, Soul, and Humor is a blog by Deborah White. She gives commentaries on faith and life from a liberal political perspective.

Mark D. Roberts, a Southern California pastor and writer, writes both prolifically and well, exploring Christian perspectives on a wide variety of issues!

My brother, comedian Marty Daniels, blogs about life. Marty is a clean comedian who books shows featuring other comics through his company, Bingo's Clean Comedy!

My friend, Nancy Beck has started a blog, a journal about her preparations for a climb of Mount Kilamanjaro. Nancy is the executive director of our local Boys and Girls Club and is using her adventure also to raise money for the organization with which I am pleased to be connected.

One of the neatest-looking and most interesting blogs is Rachel Cunliffe's journal.

Among the terrific writers you'll find on the web is Gordon Atkinson at Real Live Preacher.

Bryan at Spare Change has put together a coalition of bloggers who have been composing daily prayers for the final forty days of the presidential campaign. While I'm such a techno-incompetent that I haven't participated as I should, in logging onto the sites of a number of the prayer-writers, I've found a lot of interesting sites.

My favorite news source is that of the BBC. Outstanding and thorough! Google News is also a great place to visit.

My favorite site on the web is the one operated by Major League Baseball.

2 comments:

sidesspot said...

Pastor Daniels,

Thank you very much for mentioning Sidesspot. Thanks also for mentioning some others that I was not aware of.

As I hope you know, your site is one of my favorites.

God Bless,
Mark

Alan K said...

Thanks for the list. I suggest you add the following: www.regentbookstore.com/footnotes. A great blog by the manager of the finest theological bookstore I've come across.