Tuesday, February 28, 2006

You're Invited to Participate in 40-Days to Servanthood

40-Days to Servanthood is the not-so-original name we've given to a special Lenten emphasis at the congregation I serve as pastor, Friendship Lutheran Church near Amelia, Ohio. (In suburban Cincinnati.)

Starting with the First Sunday in Lent, March 5, members of Friendship will be using short daily readings, which they'll be urged to read twice each day: once in the morning and once before going to bed at night. Each of the readings, almost all less than 400-words in length, will explore a single, important teaching about Christian servanthood and be capped by a Bible passage to prayerfully consider.

There will be other activities at our congregation throughout Lent, each designed to help us adopt Christian servanthood as our lifestyle.

But I hope that readers of Better Living who aren't Friendship members will find the daily readings helpful. I believe that even small acts of service, rendered in the Name and with the love of Jesus Christ, can transform our world.

I hope that you'll join us as we strive to live as authentic servants of Christ!

2 comments:

Falter Ego said...

I'll check back often, I am reading insatiably lately. Thanks for your wonderfully insightful comments at my last post. I look forward to learning more about your brother's book, that sincerely sounds very funny and interesting to me.

Mark Daniels said...

Falter:
I'll keep you updated on my bro's progress on his book. It should be fun! Marty is a very funny stand-up comedian.

Mark