Saturday, March 08, 2008

Snowed In

Logan, county seat of Hocking County, the rural wonderland that sets about fifty-minutes southeast of Columbus, wasn't as hard-hit as the capital city has been by the snow storm of the past twenty-four hours. But we've been under a Level 3 alert, meaning that only emergency vehicles could be on the roads.

In Columbus, over 20-inches of snow fell. Here, we got about half that. I spoke with my dad, who lives in Columbus, little more than an hour ago, and he says that, at this point, he can't even really open the door of his house. Fortunately, he and mom are stocked up.

Worship and all other Sunday activities have been canceled at Saint Matthew Lutheran Church, where I'm privileged to be the pastor. But because our Sunday worship celebrations appear on a local radio station (and carried on the local cable TV access channel), I will be sharing the Bible lessons and the sermon on the air. A member of the congregation, a former radio personality, has also said that he wants to interview me. We'll see how that goes. (Coincidentally, it'll be the second time I'm being interviewed on radio his week.)

Getting snowed in can occasionally be fun. But I am definitely ready for this winter to move on.

By the way, the Columbus Dispatch weather blog is great. Its coverage of the storm has, I think, been better than that appearing in either The Cincinnati Enquirer or The Cleveland Plain Dealer.

1 comment:

Don Surber said...

Who is left to mourn for Logan? Not one.