Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Thank You, Sarah!




"Did you get my card yet today?" our twenty-three year old daughter, Sarah, excitedly asked me during a telephone conversation last week. "No, honey," I said.

Sarah, who lives in Florida, found a Father's Day card she wanted to send to me a few weeks ago. Last week, unable to hold onto it any longer, she'd dropped it in the mail. She sent it on Thursday and probably because of Memorial Day, I didn't get it until today.

"It's the perfect card for you," Sarah had told me.

But when I read it, I wondered. How is it that an adult child can look past a father's many imperfections and send such a precious message? God sends grace to us in many ways, even in a simple card from a young person filled with His love.

I was touched, Sarah. Thank you very much. I love you.

Dad

By the way, Hallmark folks, if this violates copyright laws, I apologize. But as you can see, Sarah cared enough to send the very best.

[You can click on the images above to enlarge them.]

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How is it that an adult child can look past a father's many imperfections and send such a precious message?

How does it go? To err is human, to forgive is divine?

Sounds like you raised one great daughter.

Michele Scaparrotti said...

This made me cry. There are some of us who would give everything they own to be able to send a card like this! Thanks for sharing.

Mark J Daniels said...

Thanks for leaving the message on my blog at the Publican magazine! All the best, Mark J. Daniels.