Thursday, July 08, 2010

Priorities?

This is today's emailed inspiration from my colleague and friend, Pastor Glen VanderKloot:
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + +  
A THOUGHT FOR THE DAY   
“What a shame that many Christians get more excited  and vocal about football games or an ocean cruise  than about Jesus Christ, the Lord of heaven and earth.”    
Jim Cymbala   "The Church God Blesses" p. 46-47 

Scripture:   
Psalm 63:5 TNIV:  I will be fully satisfied as with the richest of foods; with singing lips my mouth will praise you.  

Prayer:
Lord, help me to be as excited about my faith in you as I am about so many lesser important things in life. Amen    
************************************************* 
If you've never read any of Jim Cymbala's books, by the way, I recommend them highly.











I don't agree with every jot and tittle of Cymbala's theology. But he is a person of strong faith in the gracious God we know in Jesus Christ.

No comments: