Thursday, January 05, 2012

"You walk three miles a day in your house? Isn't that boring?"

Nah! Check it out.


Frankly, I don't take a walk just to take a walk, but to stay fit for living the life I almost lost when I had my widow-maker heart attack back in June, 2010.

I walk to push aside health limitations that would otherwise cling to me, for the same reason that I repent for my sins each day, setting aside sins, guilt, and discord that would otherwise destroy me, so that I can, as the book of Hebrews puts it, "run with perseverance the race that is set before [me], looking to Jesus the Pioneer and Perfecter of [my] faith, Who for the sake of the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, disregarding its shame, and [for our sake's] has taken His seat at the right hand of the throne of God" (Hebrews 12:1-2).

When I was being formed in my mother's womb, God miraculously installed an extra artery in my heart which, fifty-seven years later, took some of the blood that could not be pumped as it ordinarily would have been, so that I could take these added days to this life for a purpose: To share the message that God so loves every human being that He gave His only Son Jesus so that all who believe in Him will not perish, lost to God forever in hell, but have eternal life with God.

It would be ungrateful for me not to use my own unique life and gifts to do anything other than lift Jesus up.

That's why I run the race God has set before me. Well, right now, I walk it...but I walk it real fast!

No comments: