Friday, October 25, 2013

This song is simple and a bit cutesie...

...but I like it and love its message: "Just say Jesus!"

Paul writes in Romans 8:26:
...the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words.
Jesus tells us to pray in His Name, meaning we're to approach God under His protection, His aegis, and in accordance with His will.

I know that most of the time I don't know how to pray as I ought. I don't know what the best thing to pray for may be in many situations. Sometimes, I have the sense I need to be praying for someone or something, but don't know what the needs may be.

But God's Word assures me that when I pray in Jesus' Name, sometimes doing nothing more than lifting up to heaven "the Name that is above all names," the Holy Spirit turns my incoherent longings and my helpless faith into a prayer that moves God, changes the world, and changes me. By invoking the Name of Jesus, I entrust people and concerns to the One Who knows what needs to be done and will do it.

Just say Jesus!

No comments: