Sunday, December 25, 2016

Being in God's hands at the Target Store

After the Christmas Eve services, I made a quick stop at Target. The checker asked me, "How has your Christmas been so far?"

"So far, good," I told him. "Just had our three worship services."

"What did you talk about?"

I smiled and told him, "Christmas."

"Yeah," he said, "but what did you say? Can you give me something?"

"Well," I told him, "I said that Christmas isn't about 'cute,' even though that's what we try to make it. Christmas was D-Day, God invading the world to free us from sin and death."

"That's really good," he told me, as he reached out his hand to give me a slap-shake. "Have a good Christmas!"

"You too."

I guess I preached the Christmas Eve sermon four times tonight. And if it worked any of those times, it was God Who did it.

It's gratifying to be in His hands!


[Blogger Mark Daniels is pastor of Living Water Lutheran Church in Centerville, Ohio.]


No comments: