Thursday, February 08, 2018

Piano Moving

A friend wrote today about helping with a move, but deciding with others involved to call in professionals to move a piano. It reminded me of this short by my favorite film comedians, Stan Laurel and Oliver Hardy. The Music Box won an Oscar and still makes me laugh out loud.



My friend also reminded me of my own piano-moving story.

Back when I was young and stupid (as opposed to older and stupider), we had a cleaning day at our church on Harris Avenue in Columbus. Someone told a group of us that the pastor wanted a piano moved from the balcony down to the front of the sanctuary. The stairwell had a landing and a turn. But we did as we'd been asked.

A little while later, the pastor was in the sanctuary and asked, "Why is this piano here?" It turned out his words had been misinterpreted.

So, we moved the piano back up the stairs to the balcony.

This turned out not to be my favorite day.

I think my friend and his fellow movers made the right call in bringing in professionals.



No comments: