Sunday, September 19, 2004

Web Sites I Like

Happily, my beloved Ohio State Buckeyes won today. They may not be pretty, but they're effective! (The victory will make this week's meeting of the Clermont County OSU Alumni Club more fun.)

I'm up way past my bed time, still savoring the Buckeye victory and I thought that I would list some of my favorite places on the web...especially noting the sites of fellow bloggers. So, here they are, in no particular order...

I love the site of Mark Roberts. This southern California pastor is thoughtful, thorough, and fair, while upholding his faith in Christ! Mark is prolific, writing nearly every day.

Another Presbyterian pastor from southern California, Craig S. Williams, gives his insights less frequently than most bloggers. But each thing he writes is a gem.

Gordon Atkinson recently revealed his true identity, having presented his blog for some time now as the Real Live Preacher. I appreciate his honesty. He is a truly gifted writer of moving prose. Gordon is one of those people who by his truthful witness for Christ helps restore the bad reputation given to God by judgmental religionists.

I absolutely love the web site of BBC News. No organization in the world does a better job of covering the news. The BBC does a fantastic job of covering international events. They're in tune with the arts and sciences and history. Plus, as an Anglophile, I love to read about all the particulars of life in Great Britain. This is an indispensable web site.

New Zealander Rachel Cunliffe's site is fantastic. Not only is it visually pleasant to look at, she has good content. Rachel is unpretentious and honest. Her intelligence and faithfulness to Christ shine precisely because she doesn't try to call attention to these attributes or herself. Often, she just asks questions and opens up an interesting international dialog. I am very fond of her site.

Martin Roth is an interesting and articulate blogger who hasn't posted for awhile. (He's on sabbatical.) But even delving into his archives is interesting. Roth is also generous and kind to other bloggers who, unlike him, haven't written books. The story of his coming to faith in Christ is good reading.

There are more web sites I like and I'll talk about them another time. But now, I need to get some sleep so that as I lead worship and preach tomorrow, I make sense.

No comments: