Sunday, December 12, 2004

Leinart's Heisman Win Proves I Don't Know What I'm Talking About

Regular readers of this blog know that I have occasionally taken on the role of sports prognosticator. Alas, I've been about as successful at this as Madonna has been as a film actress. For example, I predicted that Saint Louis would roll over all opposition to win the World Series this year. And the other day, I said it appeared that Jason White would become the second two-time Heisman Trophy winner. Wrong again!

Actually, I thought that several of the other Heisman finalists presented better cases for receiving the award, but it appeared to me that White's stats were good enough for a sports world that seemed to have installed him as the sentimental favorite.

Anyway, have I decided to give up on sports forecasting? Probably not. But whatever you do, don't put too much stock in my picks.

No comments: