Saturday, May 14, 2005

More Reasons to Pray for Peace

My future son-in-law, who works for an airline at the Cincinnati International Airport, was on the job yesterday when a Delta flight brought the body of Marine Lance Corporal Taylor Prazynski home. Prazynski died as the result of shrapnel wounds sustained in Iraq.

My son-in-law reported that Delta employees volunteered for the duty of helping take the casket from the plane to an awaiting hearse. Family members and an honor guard stood by. "There were these burly baggage handlers with tears rolling down their faces," he told me. "It was all so sad to see."

Taylor Prazynski graduated from Fairfield High School in 2003. He joined the Marines shortly after that.

The Cincinnati Enquirer today also tells the sad news of a twelfth tristate member of the military killed in Iraq. This young man, Marine Lance Corporal Nick Erdy, 21, was from Clermont County. His cause of death isn't yet known.

As I said earlier, I pray for peace. I also pray that God will comfort all who mourn.

1 comment:

Deborah White said...

I'm so sorry. How deeply sad.