Saturday, July 23, 2005

This is Exactly the Aim of Terrorists

Terrorists compensate for deficiencies in their ideologies and numbers by aiming to sow fear and dis-ease among the public, law enforcement, and military and intelligence professionals.

Never knowing where terrorists may strike and always trying to outguess them, terrified law enforcement personnel can act with dangerous impetuosity. I don't say this in judgment; I hardly know what I might do under similar circumstances, even if I were a trained law enforcement professional. But I'm sure that bin Laden and his band of murderers view the death of a man who had no apparent connection with the recent terror bombings as proof that their strategy of creating confusion and terror in service to Islamofascism is working.

No comments: