Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Please Pray for...

...the people of Southern California, where the worst wildfires since 2003 are blazing. I'm praying for
the safety of the firefighters
the safety of the residents
an end to the fires
wisdom for leaders as they decide on the direction of resources

...the people of New Orleans, being hit with huge rainfall. I'm praying that
the levees hold
all will be spared more tragedy

...the people of Darfur, the victims of daily genocide directed and abetted by a maniacal Sudanese government in Khartoum

...peace in Iraq

...peace in Afghanistan

...wisdom for world leaders and our national leaders

I'm also personally praying for wisdom for myself to know what to pray for, work for, and do as a human being, a citizen, and, through Christ, a child of God. For that, I hold onto this Biblical promise:
If any of you is lacking in wisdom, ask God, who gives to all generously and ungrudgingly, and it will be given you. (James 1:5)
But even when I'm not wise, I know Who is and that I can't go wrong when I tell God, "YOUR WILL BE DONE!"

No comments: