Saturday, November 17, 2007

More Prayers Requested

Tomorrow morning I will be fornally installed as pastor of Saint Matthew Lutheran Church in Logan, Ohio.

I ask your prayers for my ministry here. Ask God to help me to be a faithful, effective shepherd for Saint Matthew.

Pray too, that God will help this wonderful congregation to grow in faith, hope, love, unity, outreach, service, prayer, and giving in Jesus' Name. Your prayers, especially at about 10:15 (EST) on Sunday morning, joined with those being offered during Saint Matthew's worship service that day, would be deeply appreciated.

I would also appreciate your continuing prayers for my former parishes, Bethlehem Lutheran Church, Okolona, Ohio, where I served for six years, and Friendship Lutheran Church, Amelia, Ohio, where I was for seventeen years. My family and I were really blessed by our times in those parishes and were inspired by the deep faith in Christ we saw and experienced in their people. Please pray that God will help them grow in all the ways in which I now prayerfully seek growth for Saint Matthew.

In addition, I ask your prayers for Logan, Ohio, a beautiful area facing economic challenges resulting from major industries shutting down or moving overseas.

Thanks!

No comments: